August 25, 2013

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness

This is my first book about real magic, magic as I've seen it in my dreams since I was a child.

This book brings to life every though and believe about witches and magic the world has evere conceived, and it makes you remember why to dream with magic, power and witches was so fun.

I really enjoyed it, its very well written, the characters are perfectly formed, you care about each and every one of them. Even if they were only present for a few pages, you don't want them to get hurt, you want to know them better. And all that with the first book, for most authors it takes a whole series to get the reader to really care. In my opinion that's the biggest accomplishment an author can have, to create someone that comes to life in the heart of the reader.

A Discovery of Witches has a mysterious plot, that keeps you wondering, thinking, trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out the next event to come, and mean while you enjoy every bit of whats going on, with vivid descriptions that takes you into their world.

If you've ever dreamed about magic, if you like to be intrigued, if you enjoy romance and a good tell about true love, courage, growth, and acceptance of who we really are, and not who we think we should be, you are going to enjoy this book as much as I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment